Dr. Rohan Khandelwal is a Breast Cancer Surgeon based in Gurgaon and has more than 9 years experience under his belt. He is currently the Principal Consultant, Breast Cancer Surgery at CK Birla Hospital, Gurgaon.
He finished his post-graduation from Safdarjang Hospital, New Delhi and his advanced training in Breast Surgery from University of Maryland, Baltimore.
- Member of Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh MRCS (Edin.)(November 2011)
- Vardhman Mahavir Medical College, Safdarjang Hospital, GGSIPU, Delhi, India (July 2008 - May 2011)
- Masters in Surgery (MS)
- Achieved highest marks in the University in Surgery.
- Awarded the Jain Society Award for securing the highest marks in Surgery in the University Awarded the Jain Society Award for securing the highest marks in Surgery in the University Awarded the Jain Society Award for securing the highest marks in Surgery in the University.
- Vardhman Mahavir Medical College, Safdarjang Hospital, GGSIPU, Delhi, India (February 2002 - February 2008)
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
- Placed among top three percentile of students in 2nd, 3rd and 4th academic years.
- Achieved distinctions in Biochemistry, Pathology, Microbiology, and Ophthalmology.
- Awarded the Jain Society Scholarship for outstanding academic performance during 2nd and 3rd year.
- Ranked first in class during second year of medical school.
- Co-founded the college magazine 'Roulex'; served on the Editorial board.
- Completed one year of mandatory Internship in various clinical departments.
The Aiello Breast Center is one of the two main units run by the University of Maryland and is headed by Dr. Cynthia Drogula, who is a practicing breast surgeon for over 15 years. This unit offers the state of the art care to breast cancer patients. This hands on experience broadened my skill set in the field of breast surgery and it was a good opportunity for me to realize the subtle differences in the management of breast cancer patients in India & USA. Working with the Chief of Plastic Surgery - Dr. Goldberg, also helped in picking up important tips regarding implant based and autologous reconstruction.
Fellow in Onco-plastic Breast Surgery, RGHUS, Bangalore, India (January 2013 - July 2014) Shaw Mazumdar Cancer Center, Narayana Hrudalaya
The dedicated Oncoplastic Breast Surgery unit at Mazumdar Shaw Cancer Center is one of the few dedicated breast units in the country. It caters to 350 new breast cancer patients every year and is run by 2 consultants and one fellow (taken every year). Our center has the largest series of autologous breast reconstruction in the country and is involved in many research projects in addition to the clinical management of the breast cancer patients. The unit offers the best care to breast cancer patients and procedures like oncoplasty, sentinel LN biopsy, radio-guided occult lesion localization (ROLL) are routinely carried out.
- Principal Consultant : Breast Cancer Surgery
- CK Birla Hospital, Gurgaon(December 2019 - present)
- Consultant : Breast Cancer Surgery
- W Pratiksha Hospital, Gurgaon(August 2015 - December 2019)
- Consultant, Surgical Oncology & Breast Diseases at Ck Birla Hospital For Women, Gurgaon, Haryana (August 2015 - Present)
- Attending Consultant, Surgical Oncology & Breast Services at Max Cancer Centre. Max Hospital, Saket, New Delhi, India (December 2014 - July 2015)
- Hands-on Clinical Rotation at the Aiello Breast Center, University of Maryland Baltimore Washington Medical Center, Baltimore, USA (September 2014 - October 2014)
- Vardhman Mahavir Medical College, Safdarjang Hospital, GGSIPU, Delhi, India (September 2011 - January 2013)
- Registrar - Department of General Surgery
- Vardaan Hospital, New Delhi, India (July 2011 - September 2011)
- Vardaan Hospital, New Delhi, India (February 2008 - July 2008)
- Resident Medical Officer
- Vardhman Mahavir Medical College, Safdarjang Hospital, GGSIPU, Delhi, India (December 2006 - February 2008)
- Aypee's Pre-NEET Surgery. Rohan Khandelwal, Jainendra K. Arora (Jaypee Publishers 2012)
- Co- authored (Chintamani, Rohan Khandelwal, Megha Tandon) a Chapter on Necrotizing Fasciitis: An Overview in Principles & Practice of Wound Care [1st Edition] (Jaypee Publishers 2012)
- Co- authored (Chintamani, Rohan Khandelwal, Megha Tandon) a Chapter on Malignant Wounds in Principles & Practice of Wound Care [1st Edition] (Jaypee Publishers 2012)
- Jaypee's Video Atlas of USMLE Step 2 CS: Cases & Tips. Rohan Khandelwal, Anupriya Gogne, Rishi Gautam
- Editor-in-chief - Journal of Young Medical Researchers (www.journalyoungmed.com), August 2013
- Organizing Secretary - MEDSICON 2011 (World Medical Student Congress), Delhi Aug 2011
- Treasurer-elect - Indian Society of Wound Management Mar 2007 - Mar 2010
- Editorial Assistant - New Indian Journal of Surgery Jun 2010 - Present
- Editorial Assistant - Surgical Clinics of India Feb 2009 - Present