Liposuction is a surgical procedure that uses a suction fashion to remove fat from specific areas of the body, similar as the tummy, hips, shanks, buttocks, arms, or neck. Liposuction also shapes( silhouettes) these areas. Liposuction is the most popular cosmetic surgery and widely adopted around the world because of its effectiveness. Around the world, liposuction represents between 15% and 20% of all plastic surgeries.
Book an Appointment
Liposuction is one of the most common plastic surgery procedures. There are multiple types of liposuction processes that are available to meet varied goals of your treatment. It isn’t a weight-loss solution and doesn’t treat excess weight or obesity . Most people choose to have a liposuction procedure to remove unwanted fat from many parts of their body. Thus, it is not just limited to weight-loss procedures.
Procedure of Liposuction
- Consultation: Discuss goals, expectations, and medical history with a qualified plastic surgeon.
- Anesthesia: Local or general anesthesia is administered to ensure patient comfort during the procedure.
- Incision: Small incisions made near the targeted areas where excess fat will be removed.
- Tumescent Technique: A solution of saline, epinephrine, and lidocaine injected to reduce bleeding and numb the area.
- Cannula Insertion: A thin, hollow tube (cannula) is inserted through the incisions to suction out the fat.
- Fat Removal: Excess fat is suctioned out carefully to achieve desired contour.
- Incision Closure: Incisions are closed with sutures or left to heal on their own.
- Recovery: Compression garments worn to reduce swelling, and post-operative care instructions are provided.