Robotic surgery is a type of minimally invasive surgery that uses a robotic system to assist the surgeon during the procedure. The robot is controlled by the surgeon, who operates it from a console in the operating room. During robotic surgery, small incisions are made in the patient's body, and the robotic arms with attached surgical instruments are inserted through these incisions. The robotic system provides the surgeon with enhanced precision, dexterity, and visualization compared to traditional surgical methods, allowing for more precise and efficient surgical procedures.Book an Appointment
About Robotic Surgery
The use of robotic surgery has grown significantly in India due to its advantages such as better precision, less pain, smaller incisions, reduced blood loss, shorter hospital stays, and faster recovery times.
Some of the common procedures that are performed using robotic surgery in India include urological surgeries, gynecological surgeries, cardiac surgeries, gastrointestinal surgeries, and orthopedic surgeries. The cost of robotic surgery in India varies depending on the type of procedure and the hospital where it is performed.
Procedure of Robotic Surgery
Robotic surgery is a minimally invasive surgical procedure that uses a robotic system to assist the surgeon in operating. The procedure involves several steps, including:
- Preparation: Before the surgery, the patient is placed under anesthesia, and the robotic surgical system is set up. The surgeon sits at a console and controls the robotic arms using a set of hand and foot controls.
- Incision: The surgeon makes several small incisions in the patient's body to insert the robotic arms and surgical instruments.
- Visualization: The robotic system provides the surgeon with a three-dimensional, high-definition view of the surgical site, which allows for enhanced visualization of the area being operated on.
- Instrument control: The surgeon uses the hand and foot controls to manipulate the robotic arms, which are equipped with specialized surgical instruments.
- Procedure: Using the robotic system, the surgeon performs the surgical procedure. Throughout the surgery, the surgeon monitors the progress of the operation on a computer screen.
- Closure: Once the surgery is complete, the surgical instruments are removed, and the incisions are closed.
Get A Quick Callback From Our Healthcare Experts